Up to £300 per day
Vital Bristol Technology
5 days ago
Our client are one of the world's leading project development and construction groups and they are looking for a Project Manager to be based Oxford.
A key part of the role will be to ensure that projects are fully resourced and comprehensively planned, with clear and robust reporting following the county council's corporate governance procedures. The role will involve planning and co-ordinating the work of multi-disciplinary teams and therefore, effective leadership and organisational skills are essential.
Managing these projects through the planning, design and construction stages will be critical to the success of the projects.
- Managing projects on a day-to-day basis within the remit provided
- Ensuring that the projects produce the required products, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Working with the Design & Construction teams to establish the project organisation ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and understood for each team member.
- Performing project planning, monitoring and control on the project.
- Ensuring that statutory processes are followed and appropriate consents are obtained.
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Reporting through agreed reporting lines on project progress.
- Ensuring that the project sponsor has relevant up to date information on the project and is involved in major decision making, including gateway reviews.
- Production and updating of project programme, utilising ASTA unless otherwise agreed.
- Accountable for ensuring gateways and milestones are delivered to programme.
- Ensuring cost estimates are obtained at appropriates stages as defined in the project brief/log or as agreed with the Project Sponsor.
- Ensuring all required documentation is prepared and available for gateway reviews.
- Updating and maintaining all project documentation, in particular programme, brief, cost estimate
- Management and issue of Early Warnings and Compensation Events.
- Supporting the administration CDM requirements.
- The role is office based with a requirement for site visits
* Degree or equivalent in engineering or project management
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, working at all levels and able to communicate complex issues in a clearly and understandable way
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary professional teams and co-ordinate delivery of complex work packages
- Sound commercial awareness and ability to spot commercial risk and take appropriate action
- Effective control and management of project risk
- Flexible and positive approach with a 'can do' attitude.
- Proactive and keen to learn new systems and processes and contribute toward improvements by challenging "the way things have always been done"
- Effective communicator both written and verbal. Comfortable to challenge and put forward ideas.
- Good at building strong and effective working relationships with people at all levels - from the client to colleagues and contacts across the wider organisation.
- Team player able to work to deadlines and deliver assigned tasks autonomously within a defined framework.
Please note this is a contract position until 22nd February 2019
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly