Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£200.00 - £250.00 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
About the role / project:
Working in the high output track renewals team in Newcastle.
What you will do:
Assist the enhancement Project Manager and scheme project managers in safe delivery of Working in the high output track renewals team in Newcastle.
* Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
* Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
* Develop and integrate effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
* Process the project resource requirements People Plant & Equipment Materials possession and isolation applications so that all applications and bookings are complete and submitted to the prescribed time scales.
* Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
* Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
* Manage generic and site specific methods of working and supply risk assessments to agreed timescales.
* Monitor so that HSQE risk assessments have been carried out by the project team contractor etc., and monitor compliance.
* Comply with the Investment Competence Framework
Your experience will include:
* Good English & maths
* Rail - ideal
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.