Morson is delighted to be working in partnership with market leading defence organisation, BAE Systems to recruit a Project Management & Cost Manager. The base location of the role is Barrow In Furness however we would expect it to be a combination of home and site based work for an initial 6 month contract. As the role has been deemed Inside IR35, payment of £62.26 Per hour will be made via an Umbrella Company. A PAYE option is also available
Please find the role description below:
The role holder:
* Will be a manager of managers, with multiple teams of professional employees, or a sizable work package with in a much larger project.
* Will support for the PM&C strategy in the Business or project.
* Will manage a team of PM&C professionals.
* Will liaise with other business functions will be essential to the delivery of progress and performance information for Projects/ Programmes/ Portfolios. Has extensive knowledge and understanding of Business & Projects/ Programmes/ Portfolios.
* Has extensive knowledge and understanding of Business & Projects/ Programmes/ Portfolios
* Has PM&C experience demonstrated in a professional role within a business or project/ programme / portfolio
Role holder continued
* Has extensive knowledge of a range of PM&C methodologies and toolsets.
* Has extensive knowledge of the PM career framework including with Professional institutions.
* Has comprehensive knowledge of PM governance and assurance processes and may be an LCM/IBR Assessor.
* Will have significant knowledge & experience of influencing internal and external stakeholders.
* Will have a strong ability to capture, evaluate and share good practice.
Has functional knowledge that spans several different disciplines which contribute to project decisions and successful outcomes.
Experienced professional with extensive knowledge of Project Management (tools, techniques, practices) and good knowledge of other functions such as Commercial & Finance.
Able to develop innovative solutions to complex issues in a wider Business context.
Extensive understanding of the Business environment for own project and team
Recognised as an experienced Project Management practitioner within the wider Business.
Demonstrates good commercial awareness & how it integrates within own and wider project areas.
Developed communication and diplomacy skills. Able to persuade and influence internal & external stakeholders, often at senior levels internally, sometimes externally.
Controls resources and policy formation in wider area of responsibility. Limited guidance needed from seniors.
University level education or professional qualifications gained through industry.
Professional PM Qualification or years of practical experience gained through application of Project Management.
Expect to be an LCM Assessor.
For immediately consideration, simply hit the 'apply now' button.