Project Leader - Defence/Nuclear engineering
Aerospace and Defence,
Aerospace Project Management,
£40.11 - £45.00 per hour + PAYE or Umbrella company
0161 707 1516
13 days ago
Our client BAE Systems Barrow is recruiting a Project Leader with a defence/nuclear engineering (not IT projects) background.
The Project Leader's primary responsibility is to co-ordinate the delivery of the quarterly Estimate at Completion (EAC) for a Major Programme, production othe relevant Programme packs for Senior Management Review and liaise with relevant stakeholders to close out actions. This role also maintains the Learning from Experience (LfE) register for the EAC and focus on embedding improvements. There may also be people management responsibilities on either a permanent or temporary basis.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Support the quarterly Estimate at Completion (EAC) process through the production of the EAC launch packs and required Programme review packs
- Ensure that all EAC reviews are diarised with Senior Management
- Production of the Programme level pack for each EAC review including the provision of data, graphs, narrative etc
- Maintain the Project Controls Cost and Resourcing Communications Plan
- Co-ordinate all EAC related meetings with all Stakeholders including the setting of agendas and leading meetings where required
- Manage the Project Controls Cost and Resourcing LfE register. Lead regular reviews with relevant stakeholders and support close out of actions and implement improvements.
- Lead and manage production of various progress reports i.e. contract status, risk, MoD visibility reports etc. using appropriate tools such as EVM.
- Develop, maintain and manage key relationship with customers and other stakeholders to ensure all deliverables are achieved and that issues are effectively addressed.
- Build and maintain effective liaison with all functional groups involved in project/programme delivery.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures and continually review work instructions to maintain relevance.
- Creation and delivery of training relating to the EAC processes across the teams
- Key point of contact for a Functional area e.g Risk
- Support the Business Resourcing Process (BRP)
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation, eg Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc, applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
- Foundation Degree/ HNC/ HND/ Certificate in Project Management or equivalent level of qualification
- Specialist Professional Qualification/ APMQ/ Risk Certificate Level 1
- Excellent Communciation Skills
- Excel skills
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance. SC must be in place before start date.
Please do not apply if your experience does not match the job spec above but please visit our website to view other roles.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed.