£250.00 - £370.00 per day
0161 707 1516
11 days ago
The Project Finance Manager will join as part of a dynamic, business facing finance group, you will support the business with investment decisions to progress the pipeline, management of development costs and support of key portfolio and post deal management processes.
- As a member of several Early Product Teams, provide financial advice, support and challenge and act as the single point of contact for the Finance queries.
- Provide proactive and innovative financial analysis and scenario modelling to support teams in assessing the cost and value impact of critical project decisions, including clinical trial design and cost,
- Ensure that all investment decisions have an internally consistent, robust financial case supporting them.
- Provide input to all governance body papers (e.g. Early Stage Portfolio Committee), leading the preparation of the financial sections
- Ensure senior Finance leaders are appropriately briefed ahead of key decision points
- Deliver Post Deal Management Finance support for any external agreements in the brand area. This includes understanding and managing AZ financial rights and obligations, communicating this insight to relevant project/function management and to finance departments located in the regional hubs and other SET areas.
- Work with the TA Finance Business Partner Lead to monitor the value of R&D spend and assess the impact of any key changes to project development assumptions and key deviations from plan.
- Supporting the month close analysis and preparation of the quarterly forecast process with up to date asset valuations and forecasts
- Undertake ad hoc project work to assist in the improvement of Project Finance team working practices.
4-5 years of proven track record in forecasting, financial modelling or decision analysis required. Bachelor's degree required. An accounting qualification is an advantage.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience preferred but not essential
- Previous experience of using Hyperion would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong analytical skills / Strong usage of Microsoft Excel
- Proactive analysis and able to communicate a perspective on business results
- Solution driven and able to present multiple scenarios for a given task
- The interpersonal skills to work with senior stakeholders within and outside Finance
- Demonstrated knowledge of global business context
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organisational diversity
- Organisational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organisationally savvy
- Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong knowledge of financial modelling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities -- deals exceptionally well with developing concepts and initiatives, complexity, ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Strong bias for action and results
This role has been qualified as 'Inside' of scope for IR35 and therefore we can only consider candidates working on a PAYE or Umbrella basis at this time.