2 months ago
Project Facilities Engineer
12 Month Contract
£33p/hr Ltd Company
Morson International is proud to be working alongside an Aerospace/Defence organisation based in Preston who is currently seeking an experienced Project Facilities Engineer with a background in Production and Manufacturing.
On a day to day basis you will support with the implementation of the various projects, from Major equipment installation, machine refurbishment through to the specification and procurement of new or replacement test support equipment which affects a number of areas within the plant.
Part of the Manufacturing Engineering Discipline, your overall objective is to act as project manager heading up a multi-disciplined cross-functional team throughout the full investment lifecycle, including implementation of new production facilities, refurbishment of existing assets and the re-organisation of manufacturing facilities.
Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Selection and procurement of new test, engineering and manufacturing equipment to support the various locations
- Support procurement and refurbishment of equipment
- Compile detailed facility specifications, engage the external market place and lead supplier selection activities.
- Install, lead acceptance / commissioning activities and manage production handover of new and refurbished facilities on behalf of the operational customer
- Develop, design and implement new and improve existing production systems
- Provide an intelligent support service within the business through inherent knowledge of local processes and assets coupled with an understanding of the business environment
Due to the level of individual required, applicants are expected to of completed a recognised Engineering apprenticeship or hold suitable Engineering qualifications in a manufacturing discipline (equivalent to a HNC or greater).
An awareness of manufacturing processes and principles are also expected.