Vital Glasgow Construction
4 months ago
Vital Human Resources are looking to appoint an experienced Project Environmental Manager for a Project based in Cumbria. They will manage the environmental function and drive continuous improvements in environmental performance across all business aspects for our clients. This is a significant opportunity for an Environmental Manager who wishes to take the next step in his/her career progression.
The role includes the following duties:
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any
- Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate 'best practice' EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of appropriate procedures, approvals, co- ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Represent the company on environmental affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Provide support and assistance when required to Health & Safety team and lead by example at all times.
- Manage all environmental regulatory reporting requirements. Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in environmental emergency situations.
Essential Experience / Skills and Qualifications
- Main contractor / Site experience is essential with experience in a similar role.
- Environmental Degree/Diploma is essential for all applicants
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative) is a distinct advantage
- IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role.
Please contact Jamie Nicholson or click "Apply now"