Vital Glasgow Construction
8 months ago
Vital Human Resources are looking to appoint a Project Environmental Advisor for a project based in the Watford/London area.
The role includes the following duties:
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the EHS function on the project and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present Environment, Health & Safety performance, discuss upcoming Environment, Health & Safety actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address Environment, Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate EHS culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
- Responsible for appropriate procedures, approvals, co-ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Manage all EHS regulatory reporting requirements.
- Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in EHS emergency situations.
- Represent the company on EHS affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Drive a 'best practice' EHS philosophy across all business aspects.
Essential Experience / Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Environmental Science or IEMA Approved Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
- Main contractor / Site experience is essential with experience in similar role.
- Experience of preparing and implementing, Environmental Management Plans, Suds plans and filling the Ecological Cleric of Works role would be advantageous
Please contact Jamie Nicholson or click "Apply now"