3 months ago
PROJECT ENGINEERING MANAGER x 2, CONTRACT, BERKSHIRE
Morson International are working with a confidential client who has an urgent requirement for a Project Engineering Manager to be based at their site operation in Berkshire. We invite candidates with a minimum of 10 years' experience working on major nuclear projects including new build (construction), operational facilities and D&D to apply for this contract position. An excellent hourly rate is on offer to a suitably experienced and qualified professional.
Job purpose and scope:
The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation and performance of engineering activities for an assigned project. He/she will maintain a close working relationship with Project Managers, Supervising Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers, Chief Discipline Engineers, Managers of Engineering and Managers of Discipline Engineering to ensure engineering performance.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of project manpower needs and coordinates technical activities among disciplines.
- Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
- Conducts the design of a technically sound, safe and operable plant with a high degree of reliability.
- Creates the optimum balance between design plant costs and costs of service.
- Prepares and issues Engineering Execution Plans (EXP), and ensures that all necessary and appropriate client requirements, procedures and standards are incorporated.
- Compiles lists from each discipline to develop master document list for project.
- Develops plan to support procurement of all engineered items to be purchased for project in conjunction with the Project Materials Manager.
- Works with Materials Management and Construction to develop subcontract and work package descriptions that are consistent with the contracting plan for the project.
- Coordinates development of work-hour estimates and transfers information to Project Controls for preparation of engineering cost estimate.
- Keeps Project Manager, Manager of Engineering, Chief Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers and/or Supervising Discipline Engineers advised of project progress, performance and manpower utilization with particular attention to delays, adverse trends, errors and omissions.
- Assures proper documentation of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect the conduct of the project.
- Coordinates the client's engineering comments, approvals and requests with the functional activities of all disciplines.
- Coordinates Independent Engineering Design Reviews by discipline engineering management of selected architecture, engineering and design documents.
- Reviews engineering performance on the project to ensure quality, conformance with conceptual design and completeness of engineering tasks.
- Promptly reviews Design Change Notices (DCN), identifies change order candidates, segregates cost collection and assists the Project Manager in pertinent aspects of change order management.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline from a four-year accredited college or university.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer
- Advanced understanding of managing sizable projects.
- Advanced understanding of working with Principal Engineers and Supervising Discipline Engineers to determine man-hour requirements and schedules for each discipline consistent with the project requirements and schedule.
- Makes plans in advance of arranging for staffing of projects with qualified personnel.
- Has mastered the establishment of overall design basis reflecting client requirements and good engineering and design practices.
- Has mastered the coordination of the technical activities among disciplines on the project.
- Fully versed in monitoring adherence to manpower estimates and schedules.
- Due to the nature of this role the successful applicant will need SC Clearance