£450.00 - £500 per day + NEGOTIABLE
3 months ago
Project Engineering Manager (Technical Manager) required to identify, plan, communicate and ensure that the engineering team execute the following items to ensure the delivery of the engineering element of a project:
Planning and execute the engineering activities. These shall be agreed with the Project manager as part of the overall project plan; this will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
Defining the scope of the engineering effort
Estimating effort & cost,
Identifying statements of work
Identifying key external dependencies and deliveries (including but not limited to project milestones)
Production of a SEMP or equivalent plan into the overall project
* Technical work package management
* Conducting effective technical reviews including
Defining entry and exit criteria,
Defining their applicability (to systems or sub-systems)
Appointment of chairperson (Customer or internal) of each review
Conduct of quality peer reviews in line with the peer review process
* Define and communicate the Engineering Organisation, including
Roles and authorities (including those applicable to those supplied by third parties)
The Breakdown of system engineering tasks (WBS) based on the evolving system architecture
Responsibilities for tasks
Identifying Skills required
* People Management the Engineering Manager shall
Identify skill gaps and training needs
Ensure that low performers are identified and management action undertaken to improve the performance
* Risk Management
Handling risks that occur but were not identified.
* Work with the project management in order to secure and ensure the engineering quality needs of the project.
* Control engineering activities by applying necessary corrective actions in a timely fashion
* Identify and take those metrics that will be generated, validated and analysed.
Define appropriate engineering performance measures (metrics) and sets threshold limits for expected values
Analyse these measures to assist with defining corrective actions and tracking to closure when actual values deviate from those expected
Use historic, quantitative data from past projects to predict current project performance
* Undertake lessons learned and contribute to project and business efficiency programmes
* Schedule Management
* Manage the interactions within a systems engineering lifecycle.
Dealing with change requests that effect interfaces or system performance
Task tracking and progress monitoring
Design review strategy (when to hold reviews and maturity of artifacts)
Documentation of the complete lifecycle.
Ensuring quality of engineering work products
* The Engineering Manager shall manage factors that affect the development lifecycle to ensure OTOCOQ delivery of the project this may include
Customer programme lifecycle,
Stability of requirements,
Milestone & delivery dates,
Internal policy & process requirements,
Availability of tools.
Aerospace/defence industry and Work Package Management exprience is required.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.