7 months ago
Project Engineering Leads (PEL) required to join the engineering team to cover a number of exciting project. This role will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team to deliver the project. The PEL will provide the engineering leadership, in close partnership with the Chief Engineer, to identify, develop, delivery and support the technical solution.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Project or Project Engineering Manager, the PEL is responsible for:
* Producing effective, efficient and realistic plans to deliver the solution (risks/opportunities are identified, estimates are validated, stakeholders are bought in).
* Ensuring effective implementation of the company's Lifecycle Management, including Design & Gate Reviews and Processes, to:
o Agree qualification & acceptance criteria and design certification
o Validating and Meeting Targets for Development of Design Maturity
o Be responsible for all engineering aspects of the monthly Project Performance Reviews
* Provide engineering leadership to a multi-disciplinary, Integrated Project Team (IPT) throughout the project lifecycle to deliver the plan on time, in budget and to quality standards (lifecycle reviews are held, reporting mechanisms are in place, high level of motivation maintained within the team, consistent high level of performance achieved, etc...).
* Ensure the engineering team delivers the "best value" solution compliant with the customer's technical and budgetary requirements, contractual, safety and legislative standards and is consistent with the business strategy.
* Promoting streamlined ways of working across the engineering lifecycle in order to be competitive.
* To ensure re-use and modularity across any solutions proposed.
* Establish and maintain good lines of communication across the Engineering IPT and upwards to the IPT lead
* Support the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions
* Control project configuration and change management
* Work closely with the Project Chief Engineer to resolve technical or programme conflicts and ensure that the design rationale is documented
* Manage and communicate issues to senior management
* To work closely and effectively with all stakeholders
* Deliver to agreed performance targets
* Excellent communication skills
* Drive and Commitment, whilst maintaining high standards
* Ability to produce clear concise engineering documentation
* Ability to work as part of a strong responsive team
* The ability to manage large Engineering teams, across multiple sites and multiple disciplines
* Substantial analytical and technical problem solving skills
* Self-motivated leader and team player capable of working with minimum direction
* Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
* Typically degree qualified in a relevant engineering or science subject
* Experience in gaining design certification and customer acceptance
* Willingness to travel within the UK and possibly overseas
* Extensive experience in integrating systems and sub-systems together
* Experience of delivering as part of a prime organisation
* Experience of Radar
* Experience of Electronic Warfare (ESM & ECM)
* Experience of EO/IR
* Experience of Communications
* Experience in developing integrated solutions for airborne environments
* Experience within system design/system architectures
* Are a registered Chartered Engineer
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.