5 months ago
Our client is looking for Project Engineer x 2 to support works undertaken across a range of projects being delivered on a large project in Bridgwater, Somerset.
Candidates should have good leadership qualities, qualified to minimum of ONC (NVQ level 3) in a relevant discipline with relevant power station industry experience (Civil / Mechanical), be highly motivated, well organised and capable of working within a closely knit team. They need to be able to respond well to the demands of working in the environment of a nuclear power plant.
- Identifying project requirements and producing project delivery plans and monitoring progress.
- Authoring/reviewing/verifying commissioning strategies and procedures.
- Oversight of contractors executing field works, from a safety, quality and technical perspective.
- Authoring/reviewing/verifying technical specifications and work order cards
- Drafting project documentation such as Project Definition Documents, Project Quality Plans, Project Health and Safety Plans, Plans. Method Statements, Risk Assessments.
- Developing risk logs and managing project risks.
- Undertaking front end optioneering activities and presenting proposals to Stakeholders for agreement.
- Co-ordinating contractors and designers in development and acceptance of proposals, through to delivery of contracted works on site. Supervising and setting contractors to work.
- Assurance process and activities.
- Field Supervision experience.
- Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures.
- Core capability in Civil / Mechanical engineering; with experience of close working with other disciplines
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub-contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
- Able to work with site operations, the Client & contractor project teams to integrate the project activities into the Work Week Planning process.
- Able to address problems in a logical manner, viewing them from several aspects and recommend suitable actions.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including CDM and HSWA
- Able to develop project definitions, scopes, Quality plans etc. ensure seamlessly integrated with each other & site operations.
- Suitable industry experience of testing and commissioning activities