Santa Ana, California
US$28.00 - US$32.00 per hour
5 months ago
Project Engineer/ Manufacturing Engineer
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer/ Project Engineer to join a top manufacturer in the Aerospace sector, this company is world renowned and offers a Manufacturing Engineer/ Project Engineer a great opportunity to have an impact on the manufacturing of aerospace products and the scope to showcase their abilities to some of the most prestigious companies in the world.
Provides technical support to the Programs Manager on assigned programs. Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
1. Responsible for simple to complex, generally customer-specific programs.
Internal - Interfaces on a regular basis with various departments at all levels of management. Provides timely and quality service to these internal customers.
External - Interfaces, as required, with customers and suppliers.
1. Develops Project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans conferring with management.
2. Determines project responsibilities by project phases and elements assigning personnel to phases and elements reviewing bids from contractors.
3. Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards completing technical studies preparing cost estimates.
4. Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
5. Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications calculating time requirements sequencing project elements.
6. Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress coordinating activities resolving problems.
7. Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends recommending actions.
SAFETY - Maintains a constant awareness towards safety in the workplace and notifies supervision immediately of hazardous conditions and practices.
QUALITY - Exhibits commitment to quality performance in all aspects of every task or project performed.
May require prolonged periods of sitting, and/or standing.
May require periodic bending, reaching, crouching, kneeling, pushing and/or pulling.
May require periodic lifting up to 20 pounds.
May require repetitive use of hands and good manual dexterity
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS:
Requires a 4-year degree in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Preferably 5 years experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in manufacturing aerospace environment. Must have an understanding of fabrication, assembly and shop math, including algebra, trigonometry and spatial relations. Expected to be familiar with material processes and the use of and design of tools, fixtures and gauges. Prefer some working knowledge of computerized systems.
COMMUNICATION AND MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS
Must possess good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed and are indicative of the normal daily assignments. Additional duties, including special or temporary assignments requiring similar or lesser skills may be added without the necessity for altering the description or re-evaluating the job.