£450 - £550 per annum
Rail Technical Team
20 days ago
East Midlands portfolio of projects - electrifications works - new track and signalling reinstating new tracks - variety of projects.
Good signalling experience is a must - renewal and enhancements - NR experience.
PTS not essential - DPE
About the role / project:
Network Rail are looking for a Project Engineer to come in and join the team based in Derby. You will be supporting on the East Midlands portfolio of projects. These consist of Signalling, Electrification, Track and Civils projects. You will be slightly more Signalling biased but someone with a multi-disciplinary background is a preference.
What you will do:
- Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail's environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Your experience will include:
- Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment , auditing internal and external competency.
- CITB CSCS scheme.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.