€400 - €500 per day
23 days ago
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer to work on the St Brieuc Off-shore wind farm off the coast of Brittany. The work will be based in Glasgow. Contract expected to run for 2 years.
The service identified is for the technical and project management of the Free-Issue Equipment (FIE) scope within the Foundations Package of the St Brieuc Offshore Wind Farm project.
The Foundations Package is responsible for delivery of the design and supply of the wind turbine foundations for 62 locations, and associated free-issue equipment. These foundations shall be 3-leg pre-piled jackets, where piles are grouted into rock sockets, and a grouted connection transfers loads between the jacket and piles.
Candidates will need to have:
- Mechanical, Civil or Structural Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Engineering experience in related fields (offshore wind, Oil & Gas, offshore) > 7 years
- Previous experience working in offshore wind
- Involvement in developing new or novel technologies for offshore application
- Understanding and experience with hydraulic systems engineering
- Understanding and experience of instrumentation and monitoring systems
- Relevant Experience in Pile Grippers, Condition Monitoring Systems and Navigational and Bird Radars.
- Timescale: Start 15th June 2020 / Finish: The role is expected to last until 30th September 2022 (However, the next project milestone, hence contract duration, is the 31st of December 2020.
Franch/Spanish language would be beneficial.