5 months ago
Project Engineer (Power & Electrical) , Permanent, Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to support the Lead Engineering Manager - Power & Electrical with the engineering management of the integrated engineering delivery by Clients Designer, approval or acceptance by Design Authority (DA) of allocated systems within the Power & Electrical Facilities.
- Monitor and manage performance of Supply Chain (where required) delivery of required outputs in the Power & Electrical facilities and systems.
- Provide or manage input into the Project Execution Plan where required by the Lead Engineering Manager - Power & Electrical.
- Provide or manage input to the Quality Plan where required by the Lead Engineering Manager - Power & Electrical.
- Ensure engineering design risks are identified, management plans agreed and implemented. Monitor and report on delivery.
- Support Configuration management and design change control through enabling and utilising the Configuration management team processes.
- Reporting on all activities as required by the business, TOU and EMT.
Mandatory requirements :-
- A relevant degree in an engineering, science or related subject.
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
- Proven track record supporting delivery of complex construction projects, multi component and multi-disciplinary ideally delivered in nuclear.
- Experience of critically reviewing and appraising engineering documentation/specifications within a complex programme environment.
- Experience of managing significant and complex supply chains with clear evidence of influencing delivery and driving value.
- Experience of engineering management of a workstream, project or delivery area in an engineering / construction environment.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Experience of construction practices within the UK industry, and a strong understanding of UK H&S Regulations, CDM Regulations, Quality and Environmental Control, Risk and Contract Management