Long Beach, California
US$84000.00 - US$95000.00 per annum
5 months ago
Project Engineer (Oil & Gas)
Morson International is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer to join an industry leading Automation company in the Oil & Gas sector. This is a great opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a company that offers the ability to progress and an employee first mentality.
5 to 10+ years experience and job training directing project work in any one or more of the following disciplines: Controls System Design/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Design/Engineering, or Electrical Design/Engineering. Project work experience should reflect direction of deliverables development, scope, schedule and budget development and tracking, and team management. This training is generally obtained through college coursework and/or on-the-job training. Other related disciplines may suffice at the discretion of the Company. Must have field experience in the related work environment and be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
Bachelor of Science Degree, or Technical Training or equivalent on the job training
Must demonstrate the ability to develop scope, schedule, and budget for small-to-medium size automation projects. Work habits to be of the highest standards. Assists the Project Manager with direction of the Project Team in development of process design, control systems engineering design, electrical engineering and design, mechanical engineering and design, civil/structural engineering and design. Participates in the development of estimates, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects. Must be familiar with the infrastructure requirements necessary for automation project construction packages. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors), direct staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Implements company systems, standards, procedures and tools. Displays the ability to assist and/or direct others in order to accomplish specific directives is responsible for providing guidance, assistance and direction to other engineers as well as maintaining work efficiency on assigned projects. Must understand and apply all client and company safety policies.
* Provides assistance to the Project Manager to accomplish the scope of work and achieve prescribed project goals, schedule milestones and cost objectives
* Assists the Project Manager with interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
* At the Project Manager's delegation, reviews weekly timesheet reports to validate that correct phases and tasks are being used and that reports accurately depict the team working on the project
* Assists with coordination of design reviews, monitors any consultant or subcontractor work.
* Holds regular project team meetings as the level of activity requires to keep all team members apprised of the overall status of the project
* Responsible to report scheduling and staffing conflicts to the Project Manager
* Reviews and updates the project schedule and budget with Project Manager
* Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters, displays an enthusiasm for safety and leads team by example.
* Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources demonstrates dependability, commitment and involvement to company projects.
* Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team assists team members and shows respect for all team members.
* Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability has the ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
* Problem Solving: Analyzes problems, reaches and recommends acceptable and workable solutions
* Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels, both written and oral, with both clients and company personnel.
* Decision Making: Displays the willingness and judgment to make decisions takes action upon decisions made with good judgment
* Leadership Skills: Displays the ability to learn and to teach, motivate and direct team members to accomplish specific objectives is effective in conflict resolution.