We’re pleased to present the opportunity to join Urenco as a Project Engineer. Based at our Capenhurst site, you’ll work within an established project engineering team deployed across a number of complex major projects on site.
Urenco is a trusted, long-term supplier to the nuclear industry, specialising in safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services. As demand in our sector increases, we are creating career opportunities and growth across our teams.
For us, a happy and engaged workforce is vital to our sustainability. Our aim is to recruit and retain talented people who can help us deliver outstanding customer service and achieve long term commercial success.
Join us on our journey, front and centre, to a net zero future.
What will your day look like?
Group Projects is responsible for driving excellence in portfolio management, project management, project engineering management, estimating, project controls, procurement and contract management, and construction management. As a part of Group Projects, you will join a pool of experts providing subject matter consulting, advice, and direct delivery of strategically significant Urenco projects.
Urenco Group Projects is entering into a period of significant and exciting change. The role will support project engineering management capability for Urenco Group’s global portfolio of Major projects accumulating up to €300 million annual CAPEX and select projects ranging from €100 million to more than €700 million.
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager you will be accountable for ensuring project requirements or aspects of project requirements are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality standard. The main areas of responsibility will include:
• Management all of the requirements and technical activities for a given project or project scope
• Assuring project accuracy, quality and cost control from conception to completion
• Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of designs
• Oversees product construction and testing in order to ensure completion of projects as effectively and efficiently as possible
• Ensures design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications and legislation
• Meeting Group Projects objectives
What do you need to be great at this role
We are now looking for an individual who can make a difference and add value to our existing Team, the following skills and experience will provide an indication of the types of Team Players we are looking for:
• Proficient command of English and the business language in the role location
• Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject
• Significant experience in the full project lifecycle
• An effective communicator
• Demonstrable success in Project Engineer experience
• Proven leadership experience and ability to work with minimum supervision
What can you expect of us?
At Urenco we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- Annual leave of 27 days per annum.
- A generous bonus scheme based on achievement of personal and company objectives.
- A defined contribution pension scheme: contributions start at 4% (employee) and 10% (employer).
- Hybrid Working Pattern: up to two days working remotely on average per week. Flexible start and finish time and 1.30pm finish on Fridays.
- Flexible benefits package; including life assurance and income protection. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to purchase additional benefits that suit your lifestyle.
- Paid time off for volunteering.
- The opportunity to join our private medical and dental insurance schemes.
- Education and training; we take pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing your learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs.
Please be aware that this role is subject to SC level of security clearance and medical, drug and alcohol testing prior to start.
At Urenco, everyone is welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where we all have a voice, and you can feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.