£48000 - £55000 per annum
25 days ago
We are recruiting for a Project Engineer to Join the framework delivery team based at Sizewell B power station on a permanent basis.
Project Engineer (Site) will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
* As The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
* Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Facilitate and chair meetings as required by the Project Manager.
* Prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans and other documents as required.
* Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
* Review technical documentation including contractor's documents and drawings when authorised to do so.
* Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
* Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station engineering staff as required.
Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
* Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
* Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
CTC security clearance will be required.