about 1 month ago
Morson has an exciting 6 months contract opportunity for a Project Engineer based in Yeovil, Somerset to provide technical support to the AW159 and Lynx Chief Project engineer.
To provide technical support to the AW159 and Lynx Chief Project Engineer and Systems Integrating Engineers in discharging the actions necessary in order to undertake the contracted Engineering activities.
- You will be part of Engineering team responsible for 15000 man hours of activity per year not directly responsible for any staff but indirectly responsible for D&D personnel producing required output.
- You are responsible for providing technical support to and coordination of Engineering activities whilst ensuring that safety and standards are upheld at all times.
- You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment.
- You will be responsible for directing the technical effort on all AW159 and Lynx programmes, through maintaining close liaison between the various functional areas within the (D & D) System Groups, integrating their outputs and making product-level technical trade-off decisions.
- You are responsible for defining, clarifying and documenting the requirements for and configuration of the product, in the form of Customer Specifications, Air Vehicle Specifications, System Specifications and Build Standards.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the airworthiness and regulatory requirements of the aircraft and contract are met.
- You are responsible for managing the attributes of the product, through allocation and control of attribute budgets and conducting System Design/trade-off studies to optimise the air vehicle configuration.
- You are responsible for control and manage the allocation and flow of requirements into the System Groups, co-ordinating design reviews and ensuring that documented verification and validation evidence is generated.
- You are responsible for generating and maintaining the certification and type record for the product at entry into service and maintaining the continued airworthiness of the product in-service.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the scope, programme and budget for all tasks are understood / agreed with the System Groups.
- You are responsible for ensuring that appropriate measures and controls are implemented for all tasks, in order to manage task achievement and risk mitigation. Reporting within Engineering, Programme Management and to the Customer.
- You are responsible for co-ordination and integration of the design aspects with other Functional areas, including the provision of data and authorisation of the technical publications and supporting the manufacturing phase
- Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A background in Lynx and/or the AW159 product
- Have experience in managing Engineering Tasks
- Have experience of creating Aircraft Requirements Documents
- Have experience of reviewing and approving Technical Publications.
- Must be able to work as part of a team with good communication skills
Please send your cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details.