Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
· Responsible for the delivery of project engineering activities to agreed time, cost, quality and
performance requirements for large multidisciplinary projects.
· Be responsible for managing the engineering risk elements of Fixed Telecoms projects.
· Be responsible for managing the engineering aspects of contract requirements for Fixed
· Perform the role of engineering contact for interfaces external to the Fixed Telecoms team.
· Manage the internal interfaces for the telecoms discipline between design, implementation and
· Manage engineering delivery tasks by effectively interfacing to both internal teams and external
· Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecoms engineering team tasks including the
management and allocation of resources and equipment in order to deliver effectively and
· The implementation of excellent verbal and numeric reasoning to positively influence both internal
and external customers.
· Identify and manage project scope changes. Provide technical change management support to
· Regularly report Fixed Telecoms engineering team task progress and status.
· Be responsible for engineering assurance and governance by demonstrating compliance with
standards, processes, procedures and requirements.
· Lead the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to
engineering deliverables, resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
· Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Safety and Quality
procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
· Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer
Health and Safety procedures and requirements.
· Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry
associations, suppliers and partners.
· Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence and mentoring
engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
· Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management
What experience and qualifications do I need to apply for this role?
· Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
· Chartered Engineer or equivalent status.
· IRSE Telecoms Project Engineer/Engineering Manager Licence.
· Leadership and Management of project engineering delivery of development / implementation
projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
· Proven success leading and motivating a team for effective design and delivery of
· Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering
development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
· Proven experience of leading delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems engineering
activities in the rail environment.
· Implementation and application of requirements management.
· Strong understanding and experience of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail
· Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working
which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
· Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to
resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
· System knowledge of:
o Copper Cable
o Optical Fibre Cable
o Lineside Cable Route
o Transmission SDH and PDH
o Network switches and routers
o Modem Systems
o Immunisation Systems
o Signal Post Telephone Concentrator Systems
o PABX Telephony systems
o Voice Over IP
o Lineside Telephony
o Public Emergency Telephone System
o Driver Only Operation (Mirror, CCTV, Monitor)
o Cab Secure Radio
o Electrical Systems
o Uninterruptible Power Supplies
o Charger and Battery Power Supplies
o Rail Signalling System Circuits
o Earthing Systems
o Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point
· Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
· Excellent organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
· Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency.
· Full UK Driving licence.