Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Project Engineer - Fixed Telecoms
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager (Fixed Telecoms), the Project Engineer undertakes the day
to day responsibility for management and delivery of the engineering aspects of Fixed Telecoms tenders
and projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is responsible for its contribution to
overall business performance.
What are my Responsibilities?
· Responsible for the delivery of project engineering activities to agreed time, cost, quality and
performance requirements for large multidisciplinary projects.
· Be responsible for managing the engineering risk elements of Fixed Telecoms projects.
· Be responsible for managing the engineering aspects of contract requirements for Fixed
· Perform the role of engineering contact for interfaces external to the Fixed Telecoms team.
· Manage the internal interfaces for the telecoms discipline between design, implementation and
· Manage engineering delivery tasks by effectively interfacing to both internal teams and external
· Plan, co-ordinate and manage Fixed Telecoms engineering team tasks including the
management and allocation of resources and equipment in order to deliver effectively and
· The implementation of excellent verbal and numeric reasoning to positively influence both internal
and external customers.
· Identify and manage project scope changes. Provide technical change management support to
· Regularly report Fixed Telecoms engineering team task progress and status.
· Be responsible for engineering assurance and governance by demonstrating compliance with
standards, processes, procedures and requirements.
· Lead the provision of estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to
engineering deliverables, resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
· Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Safety and Quality
procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
· Ensure tender and project tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer
Health and Safety procedures and requirements.
· Initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, industry
associations, suppliers and partners.
· Responsible for maintaining and developing their own professional competence and mentoring
engineers through the Chartered/Incorporated accreditation process.
· Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management
What experience and qualifications do I need to apply for this role?
· Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
· Chartered Engineer or equivalent status.
· IRSE Telecoms Project Engineer/Engineering Manager Licence.
· Leadership and Management of project engineering delivery of development / implementation
projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
· Proven success leading and motivating a team for effective design and delivery of
· Strong experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering
development, design, construction, test, commissioning and handover.
· Proven experience of leading delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems engineering
activities in the rail environment.
· Implementation and application of requirements management.
· Strong understanding and experience of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail
· Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working
which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
· Proven experience leading estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to
resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
· System knowledge of:
o Copper Cable
o Optical Fibre Cable
o Lineside Cable Route
o Transmission SDH and PDH
o Network switches and routers
o Modem Systems
o Immunisation Systems
o Signal Post Telephone Concentrator Systems
o PABX Telephony systems
o Voice Over IP
o Lineside Telephony
o Public Emergency Telephone System
o Driver Only Operation (Mirror, CCTV, Monitor)
o Cab Secure Radio
o Electrical Systems
o Uninterruptible Power Supplies
o Charger and Battery Power Supplies
o Rail Signalling System Circuits
o Earthing Systems
o Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point
· Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
· Excellent organisational, time management and problem solving skills.
· Network Rail Personal Track Safety competency.
· Full UK Driving licence.
If you feel you tick all these boxes then please give me a call on 0207 633 4162
AND send your CV