£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + 10% bonus
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
Our client are a leading chemical and process business, providing a portfolio of leading products to their customers. They are looking to appoint a Project Engineer with a background and experience in control & instrumentation engineering. The position will act as an intelligent customer between the business and contractors, specifying work within an electrical C&I nature, managing compliance and legislation and overseeing schedules/managing processes via MS Project.
Undertake multi-discipline engineering design, development and/or delivery of project
solutions covering process chemical mechanical electrical instrumentation control and
* Assist the Senior Project Engineer / Head of Engineering in developing the five year
capital plan by identifying appropriate process or equipment improvement opportunities and delivery of sanctioned activity.
* Devise innovative methods of adding value through a close working relationship with
Operational leadership on site.
* Delivery of assigned Capital & Special Revenue projects within the agreed scope / budget / time-frame / HSE measures, to meet the sanctioned business case and ensuring a strong interface with key Operational stakeholders throughout the project development / delivery cycle.
* Undertake project procurement and commercial activities including equipment and
service scoping, tender process, contract negotiations, contract award and variations to
ensure the company obtain the best value, most effective solution.
* Ensure all project activities are conducted within applicable legislation and in accordance
with agreed company policies, processes and procedures.
* Propose new ways of working by keeping abreast of relevant processes and technologies
to ensure that is at the leading edge of technology advances and ensure all
projects are fully compliant with appropriate legislative requirements and utilise BAT.
* Provide progress updates (including financial accountability) against assigned projects to
the Head of Engineering, identifying opportunities, risks and any remedial action plans
* Deputise for the Senior Project Engineer, where appropriate, on meetings with key
stakeholders, contractors or customers to ensure department representation.
Candidates should have experience from working in a hazardous environment (COMAH site experience is particularly useful) and be suitably qualified at HNC/HND or degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or in Control & Instrumentation and have a desire to continue development and be interested in working towards incorporated/chartered status.
Interested? Please send me your CV or call 0161 707 1516