South East London, London
£400 - £450 per annum
23 days ago
Our Client is a global leader in the design, supply, installation and commissioning of trackside signalling and train control systems. Our industry-leading high technology portfolio of products is currently providing solutions for railways across the world, including metros and high speed networks.
As part of the Civil Engineering team you, as Project Engineer - Civil Engineering, will support the Lead Project Engineering Manager delivering the civil engineering designs on our lineside signaling projects. You will manage information flow and coordinate the work of our site investigation sub-contractors and design sub-consultants to help deliver our projects successfully, and also use your civil engineering innovation to improve how we currently do things.
The Project Engineer - Civil Engineering takes ownership that engineering development due to other project disciplines (mainly Signalling, E&P and Telecoms) is reflected in the civil engineering design deliverables; and likewise any changes to assets driven by civil engineering design is discussed and agreed with the other interfacing engineering disciplines.
The Project Engineer - Civil Engineering will ensure the civil engineering designs are safe and buildable by ensuring input from the CRE Civils Construction has been sought and included from the earliest opportunity and regularly throughout design development stage.
The Project Engineer (Civils) will also act as technical support to the CEM, in particular where the Civils Design CRE(s) sits in an external organisation and thus there is a commercial conflict of interest in regard to matters of scope setting and ownership of delivery.
- Support the Project Manager by taking ownership for delivering the civil engineering design on projects to time, cost and quality;
- Manage the technical and commercial delivery of our civils design sub-consultants, and sub-contractors;
- Contribute to the evaluation and appraisal of tenders received for sub-contracts and sub-consultancy;
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of civil engineering works in relation to timeline and budget;
- Ensure civil engineering designs achieve AFC status to a programme that agrees with the construction strategy, which has been developed and shared by the CRE Civils Construction;
- Track our safety responsibilities during design with relation to CDM Regulations (2015) and apply safe by design principles. Manage the handover of design risk to the civil engineering contractor;
- Contribute to developing civil engineering implementation strategies for our products and systems;
- Promote civil engineering within the business and contribute to the community of Siemens civil engineers who are ICE members or working towards ICE membership;
- Develop your professional ability through Continuous Professional Development (CPD), support others in the business to do the same, participate in a culture of learning and improvement;
- Demonstrate engineering excellence, through innovative thinking and a willingness to adopt of new processes, tools and methods of working, as part of the Siemens LEAN approach.
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent education basis and experience,
- IEng qualification or working towards CEng professional qualification with ICE,
- Are flexible, know how to connect with others and pride yourself on bringing positive ideas to the team,
- Experience of sourcing, procuring and managing a variety of technical sub-contracts within civil engineering projects,
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and projects which you've been assigned,
- Have good computer skills, with good understanding of Microsoft Office packages,
- Aspire to succeed by leading others or developing into an engineering specialist,
- Take a pro-active approach to your own learning and development to take advantage of the world class opportunities offered by Siemens,
- A strong commitment to safe working in construction,
- Will have a full UK driving license or be in the process of obtaining it.
- Experience of civil engineering and construction on the railway,
- Knowledge of ground investigation methodology and experience managing GI subcontracts,
- Knowledge or experience of safe working on the railway,
- Awareness of Network Rail standards and design approvals process,
- CEng professional qualification with ICE.