4 months ago
Our client in the Nuclear Sector has an urgent requirement for a Project Engineer to commence as soon as possible. This role would ideally suit a Project Engineer who would like to boost their knowledge and practice of Project Controls by working as part of the Hinkley Point C project PMO. This is six month assignment (likelihood of extension) with a competitive hourly rate on offer to the right candidate.
- Delivery of defined small projects/work packages and project tasks of varying complexity and risk to time, cost and QEH&S targets in compliance with Company Management System or an agreed Joint Venture/Partnership Management System
- To support and promote the principles, processes and culture that underpins company accreditation for IAMM and ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001. Also principles of a Nuclear Safety Culture.
- Assists in ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
- Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the small projects/work packages and project tasks delivery cycle
- Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all small projects/work packages and project tasks satisfy all businesses commercial requirements
- Strategic customer and stakeholder management externally and internally within the business consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of component programmes and projects
- Contributes to the process of capturing, analysing, implementing and validating requirements for small projects/work packages and project tasks
- Contributes to the leadership, management and governance of the overall project by being accountable for small projects/work packages and project tasks meeting specified requirements
- Able to contribute to the development of a project risk and opportunity plan, can identify project risks for small projects/work packages/tasks undertaken
- Provides input to delivery programme baselines and contributes to the operation of project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control)
- Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system
- The management of customer and project interfaces in the delivery of small projects/work packages and project tasks
- Assist the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities
- Provision of small projects/work packages and project tasks performance data (i.e. critical path analysis, float erosion, milestones, CPI, SPI and EVA) to the Account Management team on a monthly basis.
- To motivate and manage small project/work package and project task team performance and assist the management in carrying out staff appraisal's in line with company policy, process and procedure
- Provide input and feedback to the Senior Project Manager or Project Manager in the continuing development and improvement of the Cavendish Management System comprising the Project Management Process to meet the business challenges
- Deputise for the Project Manager in agreed areas of responsibility as required