Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Project Engineer, Permanent, Gloucester
We are very interested in hearing from Project Engineers with experience of working with Graphite Safety Cases and also have Technical knowledge / experience of working with...
* Inspection cameras.
* Maintenance and upgrade of inspection equipment.
The Project / Technical Engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
* Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
* Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
* Review documentation including contractor's documents and drawings.
* Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
* Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options.
* Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
* Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Carry out duties of APSA when required.
* Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
* Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
* Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
* Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
* Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as required.
To the Project Manager for:
* Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
To the line manager for:
* Managing assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures
Approvals of the Project Engineer in principle are as follows:
* Review of technical reports, contractor's documents and drawings within agreed limits
* Approval of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Ensure that technical queries are approved within agreed limits.
* Nuclear site licence experience preferably in a decommissioning or related area.
* Investment delivery, or gated process
* Management and delivery of decommissioning (defueling and deconstruction) related work.
* Technical specification and management of decommissioning or R&D activities as required.