Up to £0.00 per annum
20 days ago
Project Engineer, Permanent, Gloucester
We are very interested in hearing from Project Engineers with experience of working with Graphite Safety Cases and also have Technical knowledge / experience of working with...
* Inspection cameras.
* Maintenance and upgrade of inspection equipment.
The Project / Technical Engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken but would typically involve the activities below:
* Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
* Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
* Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
* Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
* Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
* Review documentation including contractor's documents and drawings.
* Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
* Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options.
* Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
* Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Carry out duties of APSA when required.
* Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
* Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
* Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
* Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
* Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as required.
To the Project Manager for:
* Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
* Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline.
* Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
To the line manager for:
* Managing assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures
Approvals of the Project Engineer in principle are as follows:
* Review of technical reports, contractor's documents and drawings within agreed limits
* Approval of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
* Ensure that technical queries are approved within agreed limits.
* Nuclear site licence experience preferably in a decommissioning or related area.
* Investment delivery, or gated process
* Management and delivery of decommissioning (defueling and deconstruction) related work.
* Technical specification and management of decommissioning or R&D activities as required.