Manchester, Greater Manchester
£400 - £500 per day
Rail Technical Team
about 1 month ago
Recruiting for a Project Engineer to work for a leading client in the Rail Industry. The role will be based in Manchester, whereby the contractor will be working on design and engineering and assurance activities. Role is inside scope of IR35.
Looking for someone to start asap, and the contract will run initially up until the 10th June 2020, paying £400-£500 per day.
Experience from signalling design or previous Project Engineering experience would be of key interest.
PTS would be preferable however not essential.
The PE will be managing design and/or construction activities for allocated projects.
Managing so that appropriate engineering standards are used in relation to design and/or construction on allocated projects within the national programme with compliance to the requirements.
- Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment, auditing internal and external competency.
- CITB CSCS scheme.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.