£220.00 - £250.00 per day
about 1 month ago
Morson International has a contract opportunity for a PROJECT ENGINEEER. The service will be provided at our Clients Site, Dounreay.
The day rate is £220 to £250 LTD. Applicants with a main residence outwith a daily commutable distance from Dounreay will receive a T&S allowance of £75 per diem.
* HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
Desirable Experience & Attributes:
* Experience in writing technical specifications
* Relevant experience of supporting complex project during the feasibility and concept design phase
* An understanding of nuclear waste management principles and terminology will be required
* A good understanding and experience of applying project management and governance processes.
* Ability to communicate with specialist, including contract design teams.
* Experience of engaging and managing commercial contractors is desirable.
* Minimum 2 years' experience in engineering
* SC Clearance
ROLE - You will manage and deliver project activities and be responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
TASKS will include but not limited to:
* Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
* Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
* Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
* Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
* Write Technical Specifications.
* Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
* Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
* Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project
schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
* Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.