about 2 months ago
Project Engineer , Contract, Romney Marsh
Our client is looking for a Project Engineer to provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
- The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Candidates must be HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6 qualified.
- Experienced in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant.
- Have nuclear and/or conventional project engineering experience and an understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards.