Up to £0.00 per annum
13 days ago
RFLI Engineering is seeking a motivated individual to work within the mobilisation team. The post requires an understanding of the engineering asset classes and their respective lifecycle aspects, the ability to produce understandable documentation and good interpersonal skills to engage with asset engineers and others within the business. The role will report in to the Engineering Mobilisation Manager and we are looking to secure an immediate start date.
The principal accountabilities for this role are:
* There is a requirement to produce a full set of standards for RFLI. Where the Standard to be applied originates from a Third Party (e.g. Network Rail), we need to produce an 'Adopted Standards cover sheet' that will qualify any role, or task, responsibility variance to that given in the original standard, and to indicate any exclusions of applicability of parts of the adopted standard. The intent being that RFLI become the controlling mind and authority for that topic within RFLI.
* The postholder will be required to produce an initial front cover sheet, populated with the variances for the topic concerned, for consideration by the appropriate Technical Authority within RFLI Engineering. To that end, the postholder will be expected to make an initial assessment and suggested changes to enable the Technical Authority to make an informed judgement. This will then require the individual to formally complete and obtain approval of, the cover sheet and action its formal controlled issue.
* To provide capacity to create an RFLI Standard for a topic such that, over time, RFLI has only the minimum, if any, 'adopted standards' in its applicable standards suite.
* This stream of work is being led by the Standards Manager and the individual will be required to support this work with the guidance of the mobilisation manager. This will require interface with all key stakeholders to understand requirements and produce the required outcome.
* Production of processes and procedures, as directed by the Senior Technical Author, to meet the deadlines outlined in the Risk Tracker to enable RFLI Engineering to discharge its responsibilities as Infrastructure Manager.
* Flexibility in approach as priorities are redirected.
* Broad knowledge and understanding of the asset base of the Elizabeth Line.
* A knowledge of the variety, and type, of Standards employed in the rail sector.
* Sufficiently competent and confident to make initial change proposals to the Technical Authority concerned.
* Highly competent in MS Word, MS Excel and mail merge functions.
* Ability to work to deadlines, providing quality output, reporting and progress 'plan v's actual' material.