£300 - £375 per day
5 days ago
Project Engineer - Inside IR35
About the role / project:
Project Engineer with an extensive Civil background. There is currently a programme of works looking at the resilience of the railway. In this instance it is looking at coastal resilience and the live projects underway now include new sea walls and rock fall shelters. Ideally someone with Civil background and potentially some coastal experience.
- Accountable for delivery of complex projects or a portfolio of lower complexity projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
- Support the project Sponsor in preparing and maintaining definitions of the project requirements.
- Lead and develop multi-disciplinary teams including commercial, programme controls, engineering, and others to identify solutions to client requirements and establish a robust baseline plan.
- Implement and manage resource allocation plans needed for delivery of the project including identification and management of critical resource requirements. Secure resources needed for projects from internal and external sources.
- Engage with and lead stakeholder relationships including internal and external parties, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice. Managing project reviews at appropriate points throughout the project lifecycle which will inform governance decisions of projects by providing evaluations of progress, performance, risk, contingency and continuing relevance.
- Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment, auditing internal and external competency.