3 months ago
A Project Engineer is required to:
The role holder will be responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting landing gear project work associated with the programme.
The role holder is accountable to the LG Principal Engineer for delivery performance, who will be responsible for quality of deliverables.
The DDMS programme is an enterprise-wide initiative to transform the business and achieve greater product effectiveness. The work for this role relates primarily to lead-time reduction for future landing gear developments but may include other LG DDMS related activities. The scope includes consideration of engineering design, component manufacture and test activities for elements of the landing gear system.
The DDMS programme is underway and, for specific landing gear projects, the role holder will take-over organising the work, conducting meetings/workshops and documenting the results.
The work will be done in collaboration with team members and specialists will be involved for knowledge, data, ideas.
The LG Principal Engineer will direct the work and support the role holder with knowledge of the organisation, contacts and subject-matter.
Work is based at facility in Filton, UK but may involve occasional short trips (1-2 days duration to our facility in Toulouse, France is anticipated).
* Excellent communication skill in English language, verbal and written.
* Ability to organise and conduct meetings constructively and efficiently
* Ability to assimilate technical information and draw conclusions with justification, author reports and present information clearly and coherently.
* Familiar with use of Microsoft Office tools.
* Experience of project planning.
* Experience of aerospace Engineering environment.
* Knowledge of technical product development process.
* Knowledge of designing structure and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of system engineering.
* Knowledge of software development.
C. Main activities
The role holder will, for the LG DDMS project work and working with the team:
* Maintain a plan for delivery of the projects, to include work breakdown, identification of participants, scheduling of meetings / workshops.
* Execute the plan to include organising and conducting meetings / workshops.
* Identify promising opportunities to meet the DDMS objectives, with assessment of feasibility.
* Make proposals for further landing gear work, with justification and implications.
* Document the content and results of the work, to include acceptance by the LG Principal Engineer.
* Liaise with the LG Principal Engineer during the project to maintain alignment
* Engage stakeholders and specialists as necessary to ensure robust project outcomes.
* Additional the role holder will provide project planning support to the Anticipate, Avoid, Act project for Aircraft on Ground (AOG) improvements.
* Project plan
* Regular team meetings and actions management
* Workshops and summaries
* Formal reports, capturing the work
* Consensus amongst stakeholders