£300 - £350 per day
Rail Technical Team
8 days ago
Job Title - Project Engineer (E&P)
Location - Derby, Trent House
Rates - £351.49 LTD/Umbrella OR £308.80 PAYE per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the Midland Mainline programme - Including L2C (London to Corby) Electrification, Stations, Stabling and Points Heating projects amongst others. The role will involve dealing with large multi-disciplinary projects in GRIP 5-8 that are at the end of the detailed design state and entering the delivery stage.
What you will do:
* Implement systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
* Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
* Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
* Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
* Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
* Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Your experience will include:
* Detailed design and delivery experience
* Experience of reviewing detailed designs, project close out and hand back
* Site safety tours and inspections