17 days ago
Morson has an exciting initial 6 months contract for a Project Engineer working for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil, Somerset.
Candidates ideally should Chinook experience and have used "DOORS"
Rationale: To support project engineering aspects for TLCS and CESA programme
Title: Project Engineer - TLCS & CESA
Reporting to the Client Chief Design Engineer, assist with multiple engineering projects for the Chinook Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) and Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA) programmes ensuring that assigned activities are appropriately coordinated including meeting all technical governance and customer requirements by performing the role of Project Engineer as described below;
- Supporting initial capability assessments, interpretation, and understanding of customer requirements.
- Work with other functions to determine complete lifecycle requirements and ensure those functions are engaged and involved in the technical solution estimates and solution implementation.
- Develop and recommend aircraft configurations and product improvements that satisfy customer requirements.
- Manage requirements using the IBM Rational ("DOORS") tool including requirements definition, allocation, verification and validation.
- Develop test and acceptance criteria for requirements.
- Develop Statements of Work (SoW) for large complex programs, Engineering Change Proposals, and smaller Engineering Services Tasks.
- Identify risks, issues and opportunities and develop mitigation plans.
- Review and negotiate engineering estimates with the internal IPTs and internal customers.
- Assist with the leading of the project(s) and be responsible for technical execution in accordance with SoWs and effectively manage change throughout the project.
- Ensure engineering resource requirements and staffing forecasts are identified and maintained throughout the project life cycle.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate project status.
Other job responsibilities may include;
- Supporting Business Development (marketing assist and proposal development).
- Contracts & Scheduling (proposal support, Contractual deliverables and schedule updates).
- Export Compliance (technical support of Technical Assistance Agreement (TAAs).
- Manufacturing License Agreement (MLAs) and supporting the investigation of aircraft field service issues.
This candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools. Chinook experience and product knowledge is highly desired. The role will have significant Customer and wider Client interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is required. Some UK travel is expected.
Education is required to degree level or equivalent in an engineering/technical discipline with a Chartered Engineer registration being highly desirable.
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more details