Manchester, Greater Manchester
£38.00 - £42.00 per hour
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
6 months ago
Our client is looking to recruit a contract Senior Project Engineer to work at their offices in Newton Heath in Manchester on an ongoing contract basis.
The main duties of the role will be working in our client's marine side of the business responsible for:
- Understanding and interpreting client's technical specifications and commercial documentation.
- Organising any deliverable packages.
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers and procurement of equipment.
- Organising of goods to be shipped and generation of all relevant shipping documentation.
- Organising and coordinating any site labour requirements
- Being financially responsible for projects
- Developing progress and financial reports for the management team
- Ensuring that projects are brought to conclusion on time within budget and to the client's satisfaction.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Contract Control
- Cost Control, preparing monthly forecasts
- Procurement of Equipment
- Planning work scopes
- Managing the design deliverables.
- Liaising directly with the client and approval authorities
- Experience in interpreting clients technical specifications
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft std packages
- UK Passport and willing to travel
- UK driving license
In addition some experience within Project Planning and Marine would be beneficial but not a necessity.