7 months ago
Project Engineer , Contract, Aztec West
Description: Competence The Candidate must be able to demonstrate:
Key Area of Responsibility
* Support the delivery manager in managing the HPC Project Programme with appropriate Project control measures
* Working with commercial representatives ensuring that all small projects/work packages and project tasks satisfy all Joint Venture commercial requirements
* Lead by example and champion the principles as set out in the Joint Venture and to foster and encourage a safety first working culture
* Customer and stakeholder management externally and internally within the business consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of component programmes and projects
* Contribute to the process of capturing, analysing, implementing and validating requirements for the HPC project
* Contributes to the leadership, management and governance of the overall project by being accountable for small projects/work packages and project tasks meeting specified requirements
* Contribute to the development of a project risk and opportunity plan, can identify project risks for allocated HPC activities
* Provides input to delivery programme baselines and contributes to the operation of project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control)
* The management of key customer and stakeholders in the delivery of assigned HPC packages
* Assist the Senior Project Manager/Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities for the HPC project.
* Assists in ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members and ensuring compliance with legislative requirements
* Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the small projects/work packages and project tasks delivery cycle
* 3 years' experience as a Project Assistant or Technical lead
* Able to demonstrate experience across some parts of the project lifecycle with a demonstrable understanding of the whole project life cycle
* Engineering background in an appropriate sector, process engineering, oil & gas or civil engineering nuclear preferable.
* Experience in managing single discipline projects
* Experience of various forms of contract (e.g. NEC).
Qualifications specific to role * Degree level qualification or HND or HNC preferred or minimum level entry level L3 NVQ/Engineering Qualification OND or ONC in an Engineering Discipline
* Association of Project Management (APM) Full/Associate member or equivalent Project Management Institute (PMI) qualification, APM Introductory Certificate Qualification or Certified Associate in Project Management
* ISOH Managing Safely studying toward higher Health and Safety qualifications essential if site based - Advised.
* If no prior experience in the Nuclear Industry - Completion of a Nuclear Awareness Course Typically NSAN Nuclear Awareness Foundation Level or higher or in house training