7 months ago
An opportunity has become available for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Clients Planning, Consents and Permits team within Programme Planning Unit on a contract basis. The post can be based in either Gloucester or Anglesey, North Wales with regular travel between the two locations.
- Lead discussions on highways and transport with external stakeholders, including leading resolution of any issues.
- Oversee highways and transport aspects of further information requests and participation in public enquiry/DCO examination, as required.
- Manage any changes to Highways design, Integrated Traffic and Transport Strategy and Transport assessment required to achieve necessary planning and environmental consents.
- Support Land Manager in agreeing any outstanding Head of Terms, including dealing with legal comments and participating in discussion with land owners as well as supporting public consultation events.
- Interface with Construction and Commercial teams on preparation of tender for implementation phase of all highways improvements.
Skills and experience
- A relevant degree in engineering, science or related subject.
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions, preferably with strong highways and transport background.
- Proven track record delivering complex construction projects, working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- An understanding of planning and environmental issues and activities associated with large scale infrastructure development and construction.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant experience of critically reviewing and appraising engineering documentation/specifications within a complex programme environment.
- Experience of managing significant and complex supply chains with clear evidence of influencing delivery and driving value.
- Ability to work with a programmatic focus (with a demonstrable project management competence), yet still be able to challenge others from a quality and technical perspective.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery (through self and others).
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required, including frequent travel between Gloucester and Anglesey offices.
- Good working knowledge of Welsh language.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry.