Up to £35.00 per hour
4 months ago
The role holder will be responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting a study of the time to develop landing gear long-lead items and associated time-reduction measures.
The work is known as the LG LLI Study.
The role holder is accountable to the LG Principal Engineer for delivery performance, who will be responsible for quality of deliverables.
The subject of the LG LLI Study is the development lead-time for landing gear system elements, with a parallel study into airframe elements. The project scope includes consideration of engineering design, component manufacture and test activities for elements of the landing gear system (mainly hardware, some software consideration).
The Study has is underway. The role holder will take-over organising the work, conduct meetings/workshops and documenting the results of the study.
Airbus specialists will be involved for knowledge, data, ideas.
The LG Principal Engineer will direct the work and support the role holder with knowledge of the Airbus organisation, contacts and subject-matter.
Work is based at Filton, UK but may involve a trip to Toulouse, France, not expected to exceed 1 trip of 1 day duration in Q4/2018.
* Excellent communication skill in English language, verbal and written.
* Ability to organise and conduct meetings constructively and efficiently
* Ability to assimilate technical information and draw conclusions with justification, author reports and present information clearly and coherently.
* Familiar with use of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Powerpoint, Word and ideally also Project.
* Ability to operate autonomously while maintaining confidence of key stakeholders.
* Experience of project planning.
* Experience of aerospace Engineering environment.
* Knowledge of product development process.
* Knowledge of designing structure and/or equipment.
* Knowledge of system engineering.
* Knowledge of software development.
The role holder will, for the LG LLI Study:
* Maintain a plan for delivery of the study, to include work breakdown, identification of participants, scheduling of meetings / workshops
* Execute the plan to include organising and conducting meetings / workshops
* Propose lead-time reductions based upon the study inputs, with justification and implications
* Document the content and results of the study, to include acceptance by the LG Principal Engineer
* Liaise with the LG Principal Engineer during the study to maintain alignment
* Engage specialists as necessary to ensure robust study outcome.
* A report of the factors affecting landing gear long-lead item development time, time-reduction opportunities, assessment of feasibility and proposals for further work.
* A Gantt-type plan that shows the current activities and timing for developing a new landing gear solution, together with possible time reductions.
* A list of key deliverables for future landing gear development, mapped against plan milestones.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.