£20 - £35 per hour
2 months ago
Main Purpose of Position
To support the Project Managers in the delivery of projects in full compliance with the pre-determined standards of safety, quality, environmental and security and the conditions of contract.
Initially based at Chorley supporting preparation of documentations, procurement and testing of equipment, with occasional trips to Dungeness when necessary.
* Input to the Project Management Plan and other strategy and high-level control documentation.
* Undertake studies and develop solutions to deliver the projects end point requirements.
* Prepare documentation to support project delivery, to include:
* Control Plans
* Method Statements
* Risk Assessments
* LTQR documentation
* Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers to identify services, plant and equipment required in support of the project.
* Liaise with procurement to ensure that all services, plant and equipment are procured in accordance with the company procedures.
* Management of project documentation.
* Liaise with supervisors to support the co-ordination and management of operatives and technicians.
* Manage operatives and technicians as required under the guidance of the Project Manager.
* Ensure and promote effective communication and working between disciplines to support the overall delivery of the project objectives.
* Support the Project Manager in the following activities:
* Management of all activities in accordance with the QSHEW Management System and best practice.
* Provision of information to maintain the project programme.
* Provision of information on the costs to date and future costs.
* Identification and communication of project risks and opportunities.
* Stakeholder liaison and management.
* Sub-contract and supplier management and expediting.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a technical discipline
* Membership of appropriate technical / professional body
* IOSH Managing Safely or formal H & S qualification
* Experience of technical document writing
* Understanding of the Project lifecycle and how projects are delivered
* Basic understanding of the UK Nuclear Industry
* Understanding of the radiological controls used within the type of projects delivered
* Used to dealing with confidential and commercial information
* Familiar with QSHEW operating procedures and requirements etc.
* Competent user of MS Office
* Ability to organise own work and effectively delivery under the guidance of a Project Manager
* Ability to prepare and present reports, documentation and information in support of project delivery
* Ability to interpret and evaluate technical data
* Ability to communicate with a wide range of colleagues at all levels and with external stakeholders and contractors
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 & 45001