Up to £0.00 per annum
0207 633 2040
about 1 month ago
This is a Pan-TfL programme to generate secondary revenue. The programme scope is to create and manage c. 800 retail units across the TfL estate, which includes i) the provision of technical support to existing tenants, e.g. tenant fitout/ alterations and end of lease refurbishments?, ii) renew/ upgrade existing vacant units to a technically compliant and marketable standard?, iii) provide oversight of, and accepting, units delivered by LU R&E "shell & core" iv) Support delivery of retail development (_New Space_) pipeline of new retail retail spaces across TfL, and taking them forward to fit-out and letting?. An aspiration of getting units let by completion.
This role, reporting to the Engineering Manager and the respective Project Manager, shall discharge the duties of the Project Engineer for the projects assigned across the LUL, DLR, London Overground, Buses or RfL modes.
The purpose of this role is to support the New Space project(s) covering DLR, London Overground , London Buses and, Rail for Londond and London Underground, by offering specialist technical and planning expertise throughout the project life cycle, and to ensure delivery is integrated and technically assured. The principal accountabilities are:
- Producing scopes of work covering all stages of the project., including surveys, design and construction stages.
- Leading and co-ordinating engineering activities ensuring they are integrated
- Producing the relevant project documentation to ensure compliance with relevant legislation through Pathway gates 2 to 5, TfL Standards, TfL Pathway or franchisee assurance gates seeking the relevant review/ endorsement from the respective technical authority/ discipline.
- Establishing, producing and collating progress reporting, including highlighting any problems and outlining proposed mitigation for these.
- Supporting the project(s) in providing technical expertise and ensuring that relevant project information is communicated effectively (e.g. design and materials information).
- Championing fluid communication and collaboration amongst the design engineeers and key technical stakeholders to ensure design risk is managed and the best solution identified.
- Ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractors' (and/ or tenants') design submissions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring contractors' (and/ or tenants') compliance with applicable standards, specifications and procedures.
- Providing leadership and guidance on Safety and Environmental issues in scoping and planning project works
- Maintaining close liaison with the _sponsor_ to ensure clarity of scope, production of and updates to programme and budget and accurate progress reporting
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Sound understanding of cross discipline interfaces. Experience of utility and service engineering. Experience of managing and co-ordinating engineering projects. Knowledge of DLR/TfL/LU/LO/Buses processes. Experience in MEP fit out/enabling works. Delivery focused individual. Site experience preferable in TfL stations works.