Up to £0.00 per annum
28 days ago
External Job Description
Based in Central London, Kings Cross, we require a Project Engineer to undertake site project engineering activities on Kings Cross Remodelling to ensure that the project is to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales.
(Due to current C19 considerations they can work from home for some of the time.
What are my responsibilities?
* Support the Project Engineering Manager to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required
* Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of signalling project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved
* Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required
* Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided
* Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan
* Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
* Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors
* Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes
* Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time
What do I need to qualify for this job?
* Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management (essential)
* Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team's performance (essential)
* Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent (essential)
* Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body (essential)
* Hold IRSE Project Engineer licence (essential)
* Chartered Engineer status (desirable)
* Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering
* Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
* Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions