Project Engineer - M&E
Reporting into the Project Manager, you will manage the construction of a diversity of projects and deliver electrical, mechanical, and/or industrial biased capital projects across several R&D sites.
The aim of your role shall be to undertake day to day delivery of mechanical, electrical, and industrial projects:
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- To manage and supervise multi-disciplinary site-based delivery teams for complex projects, monitoring of compliance against work scopes and documenting the results as dictated by the project needs
- Accountable for the safe & efficient delivery of projects throughout the project portfolio.
- To provide technical support to the Project Manager ensuring successful delivery on all projects and assignments in terms of quality, safety, time and cost objectives
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget, etc. and general contract administration
- Monitor and report on the contractor's progress against the contract programme
- Assist in the management of consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- To positively steward the SHE agenda and to embrace diversity, inclusion and well-being in the working environment
- Experience in project engineering
- Experience in M&E Engineering
- Electrical and/or mechanical construction industry experience
- Must be experienced in working in a regulated sector such as pharmaceutical, manufacturing, rail, automotive, aviation, defence, power, nuclear, etc.
- Experienced in running risk assessments issuing permits of work
- Commercial awareness around the utilisation of plant and equipment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adapt your approach to different stakeholders/ management level