about 1 month ago
1 POST PROFILE
Role Set and Spot Point
Delivery, SP 40
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
* Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
* Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
* Support project optioneering process.
* Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
* Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
* Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
* Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
* Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
* Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
* Approve as built drawings.
* Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
* Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
* Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
* Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
The post holder may be required to achieve various authorisations in order to carry out the full scope of the role. The requirements for specific authorisations are specified in Common Authorisation Instructions.
2 PERSON SPECIFICATION
The main purpose of the Person Specification is to ensure that transparent and consistent criteria are applied for selection purposes. Individuals being considered for this role must therefore meet all of the essential criteria reflected in this person specification. In exceptional circumstances, where the individual does not fully meet the qualification criteria, demonstrable extensive experience will be taken into account, provided that their technical competence is assessed by the relevant Function as 'suitably qualified and experienced'.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Appropriate HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute
* Chartered Status. E
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant.
* Experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
* Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards.
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
* Understanding of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
* Working knowledge of CDM Designer role
* Contract Management experience
* Project delivery experience E