Birmingham, West Midlands
£250 - £350 per day
5 days ago
Main purpose of role
To provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to the work package strategy. Manage junior engineers and assists the Construction / Project Manager in all work package construction operations.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Wellbeing department.
* Supervise assistant and site engineers
* Assist with temporary works design schemes
* Build effective relationships with the construction manager and act as a key point of information on matters relating to works
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Uphold and act in accordance with values and principles
* Participate in and positively promote the 'Making the Right Choice' programme
* Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
* Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
* Constantly work to enable the broader team to deliver against EWC North goals