Birmingham, West Midlands
£320 - £420 per annum
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Project Engineer Job purpose 'To manage design and/or construction activities for allocated projects. Managing so that appropriate engineering standards are used in relation to design and/or construction on allocated projects within the programme with compliance to the requirements of the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), relevant legislation, Group and company standards, and Network Rail procedures. '
Preferable previous railway experience of performing Designate Project Engineer (DPE), Project Engineer (PE), Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) or Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE).
Preferable some design experience to be able to confirm adequacy of submitted designs.
Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
One of the three engineers to have specific experience in Mechanical and Electrical engineering. Other two engineers to have general buildings fabric/structures experience. Possible from a Building Surveyor/Building Regulation background. Railway specific experience preferable, but a lower priority. PTS preferred but can obtain.
- Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, risk assessment , auditing internal and external competency.
- CITB CSCS scheme.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Project safety management experience
- Yellow book course.