Up to £33752 per annum + pro rata
4 months ago
6 months +
Our client one of the UK's largest charities, who maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, is looking to recruit a Project Engagement Coordinator to work from their office in Little Venice, London for an initial 6 Month Contract with a review to extend.
They are looking for an Project Engagement Coordinator who wants to make their mark on London waterways. You will reach out to existing and under-represented partners, develop a strong business case to secure funding and then secure the delivery of 'Regent's 200' - a programme of activities that will celebrate the bicentenary of the Regent's Canal and bring to life our vision that living waterways transform places and enrich lives, with Londoners at the heart of these celebrations.
The Coordinator will deliver this exciting engagement project. aligned strongly with the Trusts wider aims around the role of waterways for wellbeing. The Coordinator will ensure that a programme of events and community engagement activities actively contribute to:
- Delivering the service - Improving parts of the Regent's Canal which currently suffer from anti-social behaviour, crime, rough sleeping
- Caring for our waterways - Improving biodiversity and general appearance of the canal environment. Encouraging volunteer adoptions by schools and other groups
- Investment and income - securing new income e.g. from London boroughs, the GLA, trusts, foundations and corporate supporters
- Wellbeing - Providing a better environment for people to enjoy the waterway. Encouraging healthier & active lifestyles by getting involved in improvements and adoptions
- Brand, supporters and influence - Attracting under-represented partners and users in some of the most densely populated parts of our network. Building links with influential partners such as museums, local authorities, politicians and schools
The Coordinator will plan day-to-day operations, programme delivery, help nurture engagement and collaborative working now and for the future.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering a core programme working with local schools and will use this as a basis to expand the programme through other funding and partnership opportunities.
* Developing the 'Basic Programme' including:
* Securing commitment of schools
* Matching schools with spaces to be improved
* Calculating accurate costs
* Working with Enterprise Manager to outline this programme our partners for release of funding
* Developing a programme to inform a bid to the Good Growth Fund including
* Securing commitment of other partners and community groups including architects/designers
* Outlining role of volunteers
* Calculating accurate costings for delivery
* Putting together timetable for delivery
* Developing a programme to inform a bid to City Bridge Trust including
* Selecting target communities
* Working with Enterprise Manager to identify need and justification
* Putting together a timetable for delivery
* Linking this with Good Growth Fund programme
* Display the Trust values and behaviours at all times
* Ensure that diversity and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of Trust life and promote inclusion by challenging behaviour, practices, actions, or decisions that are counter to the objectives of the Trust's policies and values
* Exploiting opportunities to expand the programme and working with colleagues to identify opportunities to incorporate events in to the programme.
* Other duties aligned to the core purpose of the role