about 1 month ago
Purpose of the Job
To lead the development of assigned Asset Management projects including (but not limited to) project scope, remits, business cases and programmes to enable tenders for works to be issued to suppliers.
To ensure whole life asset management is optimised for any renewal works and all stakeholder needs are identified and addressed.
Responsible for effective, efficient and innovative development of Franchise Committed Obligation, third party, renewals and enhancement schemes from concept to tender award.
Produce effective and robust suite of project documentation is available for handover to Project Delivery to ensure works can be delivered to scope, time and budget to limit contract variations and prevent project over-runs.
Provide a professional, first class, consistent asset management service to stakeholders both internal and external as required in- accordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards as appropriate and guidelines. Ensure projects are developed in accordance with GA internal project governance producing timely and accurate reports as required.
Explore and introduce innovative solutions and methods for delivery of the requirements. Incorporate Engineering Requirements.
Responsible for compilation of tender documents for the works including any relevant design information. Explore and introduce innovative solutions and methods for delivery of works to deliver efficiencies to the business. Incorporate Engineering Requirements ensuring forms of design requisites are adhered to.
Control change, risks and contingency within the remit preparation cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios/projects.
Ensure remits of works can be delivered safely and are in accordance with all Group and legislative standards. Further support the remits by including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
Provide support to the Asset Team HSQ Manager either through the direct reporting of recognised safety non-conformances or practical support dependant on the person's level of safety training & experience
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Required
* Exceptional influencing skills and able to demonstrate gravitas.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to co-ordinate technical information into a robust remit.
* Analytically strong and able to structure ideas and expectations
* Able to deliver in a high pressure environment
* Able to handle complexity and uncertainty
* Sensitive to interdependencies
* Flexible and able to work to tight deadlines with capability to recover after setbacks and changes to plan
* Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
Levels of experience:
* Experience of co-ordinating and producing project remits within a regulated industry
* Experience of working at a senior level within a matrix organisation.
* Accident Investigation experience
* Knowledge of remits and specifying requirements.
* Knowledge of Railway Forms of Design
* Knowledge of safety regulations and the requirements of the CDM Regulations.