The role of the Project Designer involves the management and coordination of a large portfolio of new connection and network alteration projects designed and installed by Independent Connection Providers (ICPs) across all 3 license areas their footprint.
The Project Designer will be dealing with domestic and commercial enquiries from Independent Connection Providers, Independent Distribution Network Operators and other customers from initial contact for point of connection to the distribution network through to final design acceptance, delivery and business closure.
The Project Designer requires a high level of technical awareness, with a good understanding of the electricity network to be able to interpret and assess customer requirements.
• Produce accurate, cost reflective quotations in accordance with the prescribed timescales in SLC15 and SLC12
• Produce and issue cost variations at request of our delivery partners or end customer
• Produce non-contestable works designs and review third party contestable works design submissions; ensuring they conform with all relevant technical standards and Codes of Practice
• Ensure compliance with the current CDM regulations, from a design perspective
• Professional liaison with customers, their agents and company partners to gain the information required to complete a quotation or review a contestable works design.
• Consistent knowledge and application of the Design and Connection Charging Policies and relevant Codes of Practice.
• Production of work packs satisfying all safety and delivery requirements
• Close liaison with the CiC Delivery colleagues and other delivery partners, to ensure projects are delivered to meet both technical and financial targets
• Assist in resolving and responding to customer queries, liaising with other staff as required
• Review legal plans from a design perspective and assist delivery colleagues to ensure legal completion is achieved prior to connection
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
• BTEC National Certificate in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Able and willing to travel between the core office locations
• A good understanding of electrical distribution system between 400V and 33kV, within the three network areas
• Appreciation of the broader Competition in Connections market, especially the CiC Code of Practice work-streams
• An awareness of the section’s business, environmental, safety, financial, and regulatory obligations (SLC15, SLC12 & SLC52)
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team, with minimum supervision to meet tight deadlines
• Initiative with a bias for action and problem resolution
• Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues and other teams and also with external stakeholders
Nature and Scope:
The Competition in Connections (CiC) team is managed by the Head of Competition in Connections and is part of the Connections directorate. The Project Designer will report directly to the CiC Design Manager, who in turn reports to the Head of CiC. The Project Designer will work alongside a number of Project Designers, Technical Support Assistants and Business Support Assistants.
The CiC Design Team is responsible for all ICP and IDNO requests for new or altered electricity connections, across all three network areas. All works are customer orientated and the design team have to manage their time to meet customer expectations whilst remaining compliant with several Licence Conditions.
The CiC team encourages designers to develop their capabilities. The concept of dual networking (working across two network areas) and tri-networking (across all three areas) is central to the development of CiC Project Designers.
If you are interested, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Tom from Morson for more information.
- Sector: Chemical Technician
- Contact: Jake Abery
- Contact Email: Jake.Abery@morson.com
- Contact Phone: 0207 633 2040
- Expiry Date: 10 June 2022
- Job Ref: 204332JAY