Up to £0.00 per annum
10 months ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £37,000
My client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team. Based in Liverpool my client supply machinery to the automotive sector with a UK workforce of 120+ employees. The business is renowned for their customer service and quality of products supplied and see's future expansion into other markets. This is a new position to market and would fit either Design Engineers or Senior Design Engineers who are looking to join a forward-thinking company.
Reporting into the Drawing Office Manager as the Design Engineer you will be based at the Liverpool Design and Manufacturing facility and within this role you will be tasked with creating design solutions, CAD modelling, dealing with both clients and customers and managing projects from cradle to grave.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing the full design projects of bespoke equipment from concept.
- Utilising Solidworks / Inventor for details designs and FEA.
- Assisting the production managers to understand project time lines and new designs going into production.
- Capable of producing fabrication drawings
- Translate 3D models into 2D drawings, ensuring all the information on the drawing is correct.
- Ensuring the Bill of Materials on drawings accurately reflects desired internal/supplier routing and internal part numbers and descriptors.
- Expand the company range by generating and validating new ideas.
- Improve the company product range for increased performance, reliability and reduced cost.
The Successful Applicant
As the Design Engineer you will work closely with the engineering, quality and design team based in Sheffield. To apply for this position, you will ideally have:
- Design Engineering qualifications
- Previous experience with the design of engineering products.
- Experienced with the use of 3D design software, ideally Solidworks / Inventor
- Ability to conduct FEA and basic and calculations.
If you are looking for work, please send me a copy of your CV to:
0161 707 1516