Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
28 days ago
Airport Systems ABD SAFEGATE
WHO ARE WE?
We write software that helps over 250,000 people every hour across 5 continents…
As a leading provider of airport IT solutions, with over 250 airports and airlines using our software worldwide you could become part of a team using the best languages, frameworks and tools available, to move the airport industry forward.
We've worked hard at Airport Systems to create a culture of empowerment, collaboration, innovation, learning and development.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Team Manager, the Engineer will join the Project Delivery team focused on the delivery of Airport System's products into customer environments. This role involves frequent overseas travel so there will be plenty of opportunities travelling around the world. Our Solutions are used at hundreds of airports across the globe, including the majority of the top 10 busiest airports and so this role provides a fantastic opportunity to work on projects around the world and to experience many different cultures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- To provide pre-sales support for specific opportunities as defined within the company's Opportunity Management Framework
- To provide support to Solution Architects to allow them to specify the system design, development and deployment requirements originating from your Projects, including job estimations
- To work with the Project Manager to meet the commitments of the company on your project, achieving customer satisfaction and building high-quality relationships with our customers
- To ensure the system delivered is cutover into live operation with the minimum of disruption and in accordance with the company's processes
- Document the implementation and design
- Support the dedicated Service Team in cut over post go live
- Deliver training for customers on the Airport Solution
Process and Procedure:
- To support the Companies best practice processes: Prince II, ITIL and the Opportunity Management Framework
Systems and Testing:
- To ensure the system delivered is tested, deployed and released to ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with the company's processes and project requirements
THE GOOD STUFF
- Flexible working hours (core hours 9:30 - 15:30) with the odd day working from home
- Free Thinking Fridays (opportunity to develop / work on whatever you want once a week)
- Personal growth and access to online E Learning platforms
- Clear technology strategy
- Casual dress code
- Team social events
- Opportunity for international travel
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per annum
- Pension up to 7.5%
- Free parking
- Life assurance
- Flexible benefits package including but not limited to:
- Private medical
- Dental plan
- Health cash plan
- Health screening
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Perkbox - online benefit platform which gives you approximately 250 exclusive benefits such as shopping discounts, health & wellness, travel and entertainment discounts
- Experience of delivering systems development/integration projects, ideally involving business-critical real-time/on-line systems.
- Experience of RDBMS, in particular Oracle DB and Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle PL/SQL scripting experience
- Experience of Unix/Linux system administration, particularly Red Hat
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
- Willingness and ability to travel and work overseas for potentially protracted periods (multiple weeks).
- Ability to pass a Criminal Records Check for an airport airside pass.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in IT or Computer Science related subject
- Prince II Foundation/PMP/PMIBasic service qualification - e.g. ITIL Foundation
- Experience of Windows Server Administration
- Active Directory knowledge
- Experience with VMware, vSphere 5.5 - 6.7
- Experience with TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Familiarity of working with Java/C#
- Airline industry experience.
- Experience of international working
- Foreign Language
Morson Group are the official recruitment partner for Airport Systems ADB Safegate. If you are interested in the position then please submit your CV or contact Morson Group directly.